IMPORTANCE OF ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY IN INDIA
- When the old age is nearing, the aged elder to lose the ability to walk, talk and hear and slowly they become like a child. Every person who lived their life honestly and straight forwardly, look for the mercy of others, to fulfill their day to day needs.
- During any emergency many of the elders are left alone for hours together and the chances of admitting them in hospitals are lost. This not only results in end of some one’s life but also brings physical disablement to the elder and un-comfort to rest of their family members.
- There is no trained manpower available for elder’s care in houses. Affordability has also become the major reason for ignoring elders care. In many cases, even the elders are having sufficient amount for their care, there is no one prepared to take them care due to various reasons.
- In present commercial world everything has become money oriented and there is very less human services and mind is prevailing. Old age homes have become as social stigma and corporate service providers need to emerge in caring the senior population.
- As the future is going to be largely of seniors and old aged people, it is the need of the hour to form the Assisted Living Facility. People confuse Retirement Living and Assisted Living as same. But both are not same. Assisted Living comes beyond Retirement Living.
- One may be happy while they are independent to take care of their day to day needs say from 60 to 70 years of age. But beyond that, when they become sick and old, they should choose an assisted living facility necessarily.